Monday, October 15, 2007

Baking Sunday

Recipe 1: Pear Tea Cake, suggestion from PK.
More like a pear bread, it uses 1 pureed pear, coconut milk instead of butter/oil, and ground almonds with flour. I underbaked it a bit so the center sank and is a little mushy. The pear taste was very subtle, maybe use a riper pear next time. And it was mildly sweet. Tasters said recipe is a keeper. Let me know if you would like to try it out, I'll send you the recipe. Thanks PK!


Recipe 2: Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies. I don't know who Bev is, I found this recipe randomly online.
These are supposed to be healthier cookies with whole wheat flour and ground rolled oats. The recipe called for butter and canola oil, but I used all lite butter. Cookies were great right out of the oven (what isn't?) but got soft and cakey after cooling. Might have to tweak this recipe a bit.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

i made the pear tea cake again. this time i baked it at a lower temperature (350) for longer (>45mins) and it came out thoroughly baked and still moist.

10/22/2007 12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home