Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Apple Gallette

J and I decided to bake. I already found an easy recipe from http://www.mattbites.com/ for an apple gallette. I had most of the ingredients, I just had to go to the store and fetch some apples and a lemon. When making the dough in the food procesor it didnt seem it was coming together, perhaps I should have but all the butter at once instead of little by little. I ended up adding 2 more tbs of butter to the mix and some more cold water to make it into a ball. J rolled out the dough and chilled. We both sliced granny smith apples (YES, we have them, curtesy of Riba Smith) and added some lemon. J was very good at rolling out the dough, eventhough it was his first time it turned out good. After we arranged the apples on top and folded the sides, I think we needed a little bit more of dough, we baked for an hour. Later its glazed with some apricot preserves. We had 2 slices right out of the oven with vanilla ice cream. It was yummy!! Even J liked it alot and he doesnt have much of a sweet tooth. Will try next time again, perhaps...with...PEARS!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home