Fondant 101
I finally went to a fondant class! YEY! It was at Spun Sugar in Berkeley with Linda. It was so much fun and a lot easier than I had expected. Well, Linda made it look easy... My first creation is a styrofoam cake. The hardest part was to decide what type of decorations to put on the cake, the options are endless! I settled for something simple... falling petals, which I find are very elegant. On the base itself, I textured the top of the cake and added little crimped hearts on the top edge. I covered the bottom edge with a "grass" border. On the top I also added the plaque we made for practice, which has a flower, two petals, and two hearts. Can't wait to try my first cake at home in June for my friend's baby shower.

1 Comments:
Beautiful work, B!! I think the falling leaves are very elegant!
8)
Laura
Post a Comment
<< Home