Lemon Creme Brule Tart
Occasion: Wanted to use blow torch I bought a year ago at Crate and Barrel. It was eaten at a Mahjong game at Pichi's House.
Notes: The crust of this tart its a rolled dough crust, I must admit I'm not very good at these, gimme any crumble crust and its good, but it seems that either I have no patience or my hands are too warm that the thing goes everywhere. This time i told myself to be patient and take my time flouring and turning the dough as I rolled it out. It helped and i was able to do it. Transfering the dough to the pan is another ordeal. I wrapped it on the rolling pin and gently put it on the pan. Next time either I need to roll the dough thinner or make 1/2 more dough cause there are some parts of the tart that didnt have a crust. Hence when the filling was poured some of it oozed out and the lil bit of crust left burned a bit. Overall it was good an it has the lemony tangy taste. BUT...BE WARNED...dont refrigerate after you have put the brulee part...serve right after torching cause then...if you dont, there will be no sugary hard crust anymore. Thats what happened to me. THANKS J for helping!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home