Groovy Bday
Co-worker's Bday. He requested a spice cake with cream cheese frosting. Being a first for me I researched some recipes on Epicurious. Spices are ginger, cardamon, nutmeg, and cinnamon. I might have put twice as much nutmeg in the cake, not sure, I was measuring and then I forgot if I'd already put it in, so I just put another measure just in case. Cake batter was supposed to yield 4 layers. I baked in two pans with the intention of slicing each in half, but they weren't thick enough. Two layer cake it was. I made only half of the cream cheese frosting. I like cake with frosting, not frosting with cake. Added the pirulines on the sides... more to cover the very thin layer of frosting, but it made it look nice. Only had pink ribbon to tie it all together, it was a boy's birthday.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home