Sunday, June 18, 2006

Miniature carrot cake

Recipe: carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, from, you guessed it, The New Best Recipe.

Occasion: cupcakes for a bbq at Tony & Maria's

Notes: The cake in the picture is only about 4 inches in diameter, hehe. I had some leftover batter after making 12 cupcakes, so I made a mini cake. The cake had a very nice texture, moist, but not soggy, and very tasty but not too dense. I don't like runny cream cheese frosting and last weekend we had cupcakes from a bakery that made a very nice fluffy cream cheese frosting, so I tried to replicate it at home by only adding half the amount of powdered sugar to the mixture (the more sugar you add, the runnier it gets). The frosting turned out OK, spreadable and not runny, but not quite as fluffy as the frosting from the bakery. Will have to continue experimenting to figure out how they do it...

2 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

You could ask them... some bakeries are nice about telling you how to do certain things.

6/19/2006 11:45 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Very cute cake, btw.

6/19/2006 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home