Mid High Hat Cupcakes
This is my personal interpretation of the recipe of the week.As you can see these didnt come out as high as Martha or Miss B's, although I did beat the frosting for 12min. Also, I only have one size tip and the rest are very small ones so I had to work with what I had. The picture taken is when then where just dipped in the chocolate. I used less chocolate than what the recipe suggested (instead of 12oz I used 10oz, and I still have some left over) Also...perhaps my frosting was not stiff enough hence I didnt use enough frosting to make them higher as a result I also have extra
frosting (i will try to make some sandwhich cookies filled with it this week).My second picture shows just a lil bit of the marshmallow like frosting peeking through, it does not have the element of suprise cause you see the white part but to me it just looks so whimsy.
Third picture shows cupcake ready to be eaten. Overall concensus was: its good with the contrast of textures, yummy dose of chocolate, nice hint with the almond extract and delicious. I would most def make this recipe again
eventhough it takes a while to make I enjoyed my lazy sunday making them.

3 Comments:
You used the litte cups. I love those cups. I baked a couple of cupcakes in the silicups and they didn't pop out so easily. Some of the cupcake stays behind and the cupcake looks rounded at the bottom. Am I doing something wrong here? Also, it's easier to clean the silicups if you soak them in water first.
hmmm...let the cupcake cool before removing them from the sili cups. But take them off th tray or they may keep on cooking with the heat. Thanks for the tip on washing the silicups.
They were cool when I tried taking them out of the cups. Maybe they were too cold at that point cause they had been in the fridge. Oh, I don't know.
Post a Comment
<< Home