Monday, July 10, 2006

Chocolate Macarons, take 2


Recipe: Same as before

Occasion: World Cup Final watching party at friends' house

Notes: This time, I was armed with disposable pastry bags and an 803 round tip. Unfortunatelly, I didn't have a lot of time. Preparation was a lot easier since I was able to pipe the macarons much more easily this time, but I didn't have enough time to let them sit for an hour or two as recommended in the recipe. The macarons in the first picture only sat around for about 5 minutes before I put them into the oven and you can see the ugly results: lots and lots of cracking. The second and third trays sat around while the other trays baked, and the longer they sat, the better they came out, but I think letting them sit at least an hour would have been better because then the spiral markings (from the piping) would have disappeared completely. The second batch had a little bit of cracking, the third had none, but none of the macarons were as structurally sound as the first batch I made last week (which did sit around for an hour before baking). The bottoms in this batch stuck to the parchment paper a bit and they weren't as crunchy on the outside as last week's macarons. I put the ugly macarons in the bottom of the sandwiches to hide them.

Oh, well, live and learn. They still tasted good, though.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

Wow! Congrats on the attempt. I want a kitchen to bake in! I'm going through baking withdrawal... don't know when the kitchen will be ready for me. Sigh. I would also like to have a macaron.

7/12/2006 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home