Thursday, May 27, 2010

Chouquettes

Due to unprecedented circumstances, my work trip to Paris had been postponed. So, I decided to make chouquettes from DL's recipe. It had been many years since my first and only attempt, so I was a little nervous. In the meantime I did see DL make these live and it seemed so simple.

My first attempt was yesterday morning and it was a flop. The dough ended up runny, so I added more flour but the dough became too heavy and didn't puff in the oven.

Today I brought the liquids to boil and stirred stirred stirred and dumped all the flour in and kept stirring and the dough came together nicely! Yey! In the first batch I sprinkled coarse sugar and a few chocolate chips on each blob before baking, but then the chocolate chips fell off during baking and charred. So for the second batch I stirred in the chocolate chips and sprinkled the coarse sugar on top. I found the dough a bit too eggy, but they were pretty good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home