Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Bran Muffins

Occasion: Have a nice little breakfast on the go.
The Story: I write this as I eat one of these little treats. I wanted to try out a new muffin recipe that included the latest addition to my pantry: coconut oil. I looked up bran muffin recipes and then created my own concoction. However, when I added the coconut oil to the mix, it quickly solidified when it came into contact with the cold buttermilk, and I had to fish out the blobs of oil since they wouldn't mix in. Which means this recipe has no oil (or butter) in it! I guess the buttermilk makes up for that. I made half with dried cranberries and walnuts, and the other half with blueberries. They turned out dense but moist. Let me know if you want the recipe. These are GOOD for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home