
Recipe from MS's Cupcake Book, which hasn't failed me yet. I grated the ginger by hand (which took forever, eyes were stinging a little, as my small food processor kept getting stuck with the chunks of ginger). Other than that, the rest of the recipe was pretty simple. Cupcakes don't rise, so for looks a dollop of whipped cream would be great. However, I need these cupcakes to keep till tomorrow and survive a car ride. The two main flavors in this recipe, ginger and molasses, are not for the timid palate. My ginger tolerance has increased with age, so these are on the low medium range for me. I really enjoy these flavors, a tad spicy, low on sweetness, with some interest. I wonder how they will be received tomorrow.
2 Comments:
let me know if you LOVE, ive never made ginger cupcakes. Hay que ver si consigo molasses aqui. =]
i liked. ppl at work liked. but i'll reserve my LOVE for a good chocolate cupcake or chocolate chip cookie.
Post a Comment
<< Home